Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Acces to Important Folders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Ok so far I've only tested this on Windows XPro, and here is my little trick to access quick folders.

Ok if your like me you probably have a download folder which mine is located at C:\documents and settings\yanowhiz\extract\ and a long time ago I found out any folder you have in the folder C:\documents and settings\username\ if you goto the Run Command and type in the folder found in the folder in the username folder it will load it. But first you have to be logged into the account where the folder is.

So basically on my name when I wanna access my download folder C:\documents and settings\extract\ I just have to goto Start > Run and type in Extract and it will load that folder. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:19 AM

I did a little experimenting and found out also you can type in "my documents\my music" (without the quotes) (on the run commnad) and it will open up the My Music folder on the current account your signed on. :thumbsup:

#3 spywaredr

spywaredr

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

WHY do you work SOOO hard,lol ?

create a downloads folder in my documents

download ALL downloads to that folder

right click the folder,select send to:,desktop

sheessee !

do that with ANY folder,all programs,control panel,ect

i've got my downloads,my pictures,display,outlook express,disk cleanup,disk defrag,internet options,temoporary files,cookies,omigawd,what i DON'T have on my quick launch bar,lol

now wanna get REAL cute,install webkey
http://browseraddons.friendpages.com
and create hotkeys to these very same folders,apps,ect

put bleeping computer on alt + b like i did,lol

yahoo e-mail ? yup,that too ! shift + y

just can't use letters that ms uses like f for find

don't work so HARD man,lol !

CHEAT !

#4 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

Or turn it into a toolbar, drag the folder to one the edges of your screen, and resize as you please.
Click:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Cus...ars-t20370.html
for more detail instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users