Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card find and install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clayt

clayt

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

hi. i'm clayt back again. this time a different prob. i bought a pure pinball reloaded game. the install went fine with few problems. then i went and made the mistake of trying to play it. immediately a screen poped up that said i needed a tnl compatable video card. i've looked around the web and got slammed with a ton of info i don't understand,so i came to the place were they know all things. HELP11 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

http://www.blurtit.com/q621388.html

Looks like you need a more Modern Card to play with it?

What exactly do you have as your Card?

Other System Specifications would Help too!

:thumbsup:

#3 clayt

clayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

hi abucus. i'm not sure on the card if i even have one. i have directx and whatever comes with windows and intell extreme graphics. does that help? i've got my sysinfo window on my descktop but i don't know how to get it from there tohere? :thumbsup:

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

Your PC definitely has some type of video card, how else would you get a picture on your PC monitor. In order to suggest a card, we need to know which one you have now. There are several ways to determine what you have now. One is through DirectX, which you say you have. If you have XP click start, run, then type in dxdiag and hit enter, then click on the Display tab. If you have Vista, click start then type in dxdiag and hit enter, then click on the display tab. This will allow you to tell us which graphics card you have but it might not be enough.

3939.png

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

Intel extreme graphics means onboard video, no separate card unfortunately. Hopefully there is a slot open for an upgrade.

I found this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133278

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

You need to have a PCI-Express slot or an AGP slot open in order to get a recent video card.

3939.png

#7 clayt

clayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

hi abacus.(I think) I followed the directions to the dxdiag window and hit the display tab. I have an intell extreme graphics from the intell co. Also a chip by the same descripti0n. It seems to be bad news according to one reply here but it may be partially solved. I got the game set up with every thing working except the ball launch. I hit the space bar and the ball only goes 3/4ths of the way up?? I'll putz wwith it ssome more, Who knows?? Let you know.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

What is the make and model of your computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users