Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting redirected to msn all the time!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stef_L

stef_L

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:08 PM

Hello,

Perhaps someone can help?

I can't access wwww.microsoft.com, I get re-directed to www.msn.com.

Even if I look up "Microsoft" on Google, and hit submit, I don't get the search results, but I am immediately re-directed to msn.

Another interesting thing: even if I search within Bleepingcomputer about Microsoft, and then click on the discussion item - I get redirected to msn.

I tried to type in the IP address for Microsoft into my browser. Result: I can see their homepage for a split second before - you guessed it - I get redirected to msn.

I also did realize that a lot of my "Favorites" in the Media folder have been re-set to www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir/dll?..

I spent two days now combing through my labtop with various scanners (Adaware, Spybot, Housecall, CWshredder, Stinger), which thankfully removed some trouble makers, but I am still left with the MS mystery (not that I desperately need to go there, but it is odd, and I'd like to get rid of it).

So ... could someone tell me what it is, and what to do, please?

Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated, especially since I am not the most tech savvy person.

Stefanie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

Hi, Stefanie, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It sounds to me as though you might have been hijacked. What you need to do is go to the proper section of this forum and post a hijackthis! log. Read the pinned post at the top about "how to post a hijack log" and then download and install hijackthis to your computer, making sure to extract it into its own folder as the instructions describe. Here's the link and good hunting! Hijack Forum

#3 stef_L

stef_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

Hello Herk,
Thank for you support, will do!
Best,
Stefanie