Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen goes blank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hatchmo

hatchmo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:01 PM

This must be real simple, but I can't figure it out. After about fifteen or twenty minutes of watching streaming video (MLB.Com - Red Sox, why watch any other team?) the screen goes dark. I tried changing "Screen Saver" to 120 minutes, and that didn't stop it. Moving the mouse makes the screen come back on, but how can I fix this? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 farky

farky

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

If you right-click on the desktop and then choose PROPERTIES, Then the Screensaver tab, toward the bottom is a button called POWER, click on it and check to see what time it is set to TURN OFF MONITOR. Lengthening that time might solve your problem.

Edited by farky, 02 May 2005 - 12:13 PM.

#3 hatchmo

hatchmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

Thank you so much. I've made suggested adjustments and am quite sure it will work. I'll find out in an hour when I watch the ball game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users