Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

meh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Other

The Other

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:05:27 PM, on 10/20/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStartupDaemon] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.10\RivaTuner.exe" /S
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...b?1218679055250
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AF605F60-5C71-4370-9F6F-8B412B2040F1}: NameServer = 68.87.69.13,68.87.69.146
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 1785 bytes

So I'm not much into surfing, but I do use Firefox for browsing. I use the net for reading news, sales and gaming. I resently decided to scan my computer looking for issues.
After AVG found nothing, I used Spybot S&D which found malwareC called "smitfraud". Spybot says it has cleared it from my system.
"Smitfraud", when found, was attached to Eusing Registry Cleaner, in path: C:\Documents and Settings\D*****x\Start Menu\Programs\Registry Cleaner.
After using Spybot S&D, I than turned to HighjackThis, just to see if I had anything "starting up" that I could not see with 'Autorun' and 'msconfig'.
I try to have my machine tuned for gaming, most my background services are turned off for better gaming.
So in short, can anyone help me gain some knowledge about the above log. What is alright to delete[check & fix] inside HighJackThis,
if there is anything in this log that is not needed to play internet games[CSS], surf news sites and craigslist, could some one please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark- Not that computer savy

Please, if I left out important info, just tell me to post it!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hello Mark,

Posted Image

Sorry about the delay.:thumbsup: If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users