Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your opinion of Silenx Coolers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saltydog806

saltydog806

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

I’m looking at possibly buying the Silenx IXC-92HA2 CPU Heatsink. I have heard that other people have had problems with Silenx. One guy stated that in the past they have been guilty of “re-bagging cheap ass fans and then selling them at outrageous prices and also signing up on forums on the sly trying to push their products“. I would like to hear of anyone else’s experience with the company and there products.
http://silenx.com/ixtremaproheatsinks.asp?sku=ixc-92ha2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

The reviews customers give on Newegg for Silenx is generally positive. The CPU cooler does have some problems, according to reviewers. The cooler has problems fitting on certain motherboards and the mounting bracket is a little brittle. But the application of heatpipes directly to the CPU is new and should increase the amount of heat the device transfers, it is also a quiet HSF. I've never heard of Silenx until today.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users