Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Geforce 9800GTX poor performance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Auroron

Auroron

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

So, my computer is not too old, bought it in may. The main problem is that it's giving me kinda poor performance. I ran 3dmark vantage, and got a dazzling 5099 3dmarks. That sucks.
my cpu (Intel core 2 duo E6550 2.3 GHZ), it's not that good, and I haven't overclocked it yet, because I have had some heat problems. CPU score is 4009. GPU score is 5606.

so I'm wondering, what could be the cause of this? I should be able to get a better score, shouldn't I?

My current rig:
Geforce 9800GTX 512MB
Intel core 2 duo E6550 2.3 ghz
2gig ram (two sticks)
550W corsair PSU. (Is this too low? should I get a new one?)
Creative SB-XFI gaming

I'm running vista Home premium, regretting getting Vista so much. It eats all my ram, and is max unstable with my graphic card drivers.

Any help will result in cookies.
Auroron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tsmay51

tsmay51

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

I have a 8800gts with e6750 processor. Processor is clocked at 3.2ghz and video card is clocked at 700/1800/100. This is all a mild overclock. I am running 3dmark score of about 12000 on everything. I would say you are pretty close to where you should be. Post at overclock.net. Them guys will be able to give you more insight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users