Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"This file does not have a program associated with ..."

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pendejo

pendejo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

I occasionally receive an email and I cannot open the attachment. When I click on the attachment, a rather cocky-sounding, pop-up message from Microsoft says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create one in the Set Associations control panel." Yeah, right. I have tried everything and nothing works. I have sought help from the Vista forum itself, and they are stumped too. Hopefully someone on here can tell me how to remedy this hateful and stubborn Windows Vista glitch. Grrrrrrr!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

hi,,, what format are the attached files in,,, ie,,, pdf,, jpg,,, rar,, etc. right click on it and click on properties, and it will tell you what format the file is in then post back.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users