Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble with internet sites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hutchy1970

hutchy1970

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hi.. Can anyone pls help? Got a new laptop/wireless internet and it's just confusing me.. Seems selected sites now don't want me on them - especially ones that i previously used alot and ones that i try to order or pay off accounts on.. When i try to log into accounts i put in my details and press enter then after a long time it goes back to the log in page. When i try ordering things i put things into my basket/bag which register but when i go back to shopping the thing in my basket/bag dissapears! People i ask seem to think its something to do with 'cookies' but i don't know what to do about it! I'm also having trouble with my windows updates, they always seem to be doing something, everytime i turn my laptop on or off (sometimes in between!). This i don't mind but sometimes they can take up to 45mins.. Is that normal? Help! My laptop has windows vista, and norton 360 installed is this anything to do with it. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

have a look in tools and then options on the browser to see if "allow cookies" is checked to allow,,, i dont use IE but in Firefox it looks like this,,,
[attachment=8083:Capture.JPG]
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

hi thanks for reply yes done everything u said even put security level right down and tried but still no go ? this is annoying !

#4 Guest_BlackBurst_*

Guest_BlackBurst_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Use FireFox instead of IE. It's safer too. Then you can do exactly what is pictured above. I also think it's probably about cookies.

#5 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

ok will try that have u any ideas on the updates i mentioned ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users