Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Extraction (Not Repsonding)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paiste

Paiste

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

When I try to extract zipped folders to my preferred location, it says it will be up to 2 hours for a 2mb extraction. Also when I hit extract my computer becomes very slow. I know vista has issues with extractions, or so I've heard, but now it's not responding and closing itself without completing the extraction. I opened up task manager and it says Explorer.exe is running anywhere from 50-100%. I use Firefox, any help? I dunno what else to tell you from my lack of knowledge, a few times explorer restarted itself also, and it took away the extraction. I've been trying to extract 2 folders for over 2 hours now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

hi,,, download a program called 7-zip, when installed right click the zip file and extract. this will help for now. im sure some kind sole will give you a fix for vista zip file extractor in time.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 InuYasha

InuYasha

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

When I try to extract zipped folders to my preferred location, it says it will be up to 2 hours for a 2mb extraction. Also when I hit extract my computer becomes very slow. I know vista has issues with extractions, or so I've heard, but now it's not responding and closing itself without completing the extraction. I opened up task manager and it says Explorer.exe is running anywhere from 50-100%. I use Firefox, any help? I dunno what else to tell you from my lack of knowledge, a few times explorer restarted itself also, and it took away the extraction. I've been trying to extract 2 folders for over 2 hours now.

If you could give me some screenshots of your processes and services that would be helpful.
Check your event viewer, to see if theres was an error from the extraction cancelation. Windows problem reports and solutions might have an answer as well. Might also be an infection.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users