Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powell Endorses Obama

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

I've not heard a more eloquent or thoughtful summary of this election:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27265490#27265490

Thoughts?

Also, what effect (if any) will his endorsement have on the election?
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Powell has proven, since he was out of office, that he is credible and above politics. Even though I do not vote, I do put stock into a credible endorsement from someone like Powell. I think that most people realize that he isn't out endorsing candidates for his own political agenda, which is what every politician who endorses someone is doing. Yet, I guess everyone who chooses to vote has their own political agenda. Vote for the people who will make you have the most money, I'd call that an agenda. Everyone's a politician, unless you r like me and don't vote.

Power to the people, down with Bush
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users