Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Printer issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

Just reformatted two machines. neigther of them want to print properly on one printer, but all other printers are fine.
Windows 2003,
XP Pro workstations,
HP9130 All-in-one printer

We are able to print test pages, ping the printers, every other machine on the network are printing fine.
I recieve an error. the error is accompanied by a message stateing that the print spooler has stopped working. I restart the spooler just to have it stop again as soon as I attempt to access the HP9130 all-in-one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoolsv.exe - Application Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the instruction at "0x75bc599c" referenced memory at "0x000000ab". The memory could not be "read".

Click on ok to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to Debug the program

If I google it, I get just the one response and it is an incomplete inquiry at Microsoft.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...4&SiteID=17

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printers locally on the workstation a few times.
I tried changing the latest drivers locally and reinstalling them.
Attempted cursing/ Bleeping at the computers and the printer in hopes fear would inspire them to work,
Updated the hosts file,
in command prompt a "print" command works with out any issues.
Ensured that simple filesharing is the same as on working ones.
Rebooted the machines.
says that the printer has an "access denied" next to it on the printers and faxes page. When I use an DC admin account I get the same issues just that there is no access denied statement.

I am sure it is fairly a simple overlook on my part but I could use the help.

BleepingNetwork

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

Went back to the OEM install disk and installed the printers locally. They are currently working now... Whooot!!!! it is interesting that the new drivers do not work on these two systems even though the drivers are working on the rest of the systems of the same make and build.

BleepingNetwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users