Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website Hijacked`

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedW

RedW

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hi,

I look after a website for a community in Spain and it has ben hijacked and rerouted to somewhere else.

The address is www.duquesafairways.net

Can anyone help me regain control of the site or point me in the direction of where I might get assistance?

Thanks

Edited by RedW, 20 October 2008 - 02:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

There are two things that you should do.

First and foremest contact http://www.phpbb.com/ about your problem as they should have the domain change on sort of log, and will be able to give you control once more.

Second, I'm not super familiar with pbpBB boards, however most forum hosts have some type of "support ticket" within the Administrator Control Panel (ACP). Look around in there for one of these support tickets and fill out for them. If they do have one, this will help speed up the process of recovering your board.

If both of those fail, or you are confused please let me know.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

This is not a development issue, so I am moving this to a more appropriate forum. As Aanders has suggested, contact the host. THere is nothing at all that you can do if you have no access to the server.

EDIT: On the other hand, there really is no other section that this would fit in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users