Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A definite possible infection. What do i do?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 astroboi00

astroboi00

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hello there.
I have posted this same at HjackThis and malware forum as i am not sure which one i am suppose to post it at
"I hope someone here would be able to help me urgently. In the last couple of days, my pc randomly freezes while surfing or while away and i had to reboot. More recently, I could not playback wmv media files in Real player and Windows media player. I keep getting a msg."Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."However, I was able to do playback on audio music files on Real player but not my Windows media player.
I have recently updated my utorrent version and files download. I suspect that it may have started from there.
I have done reinstalling the players but even older version windows media isn't able to do playback. I have done Malwarebytes and spybot scan nothing came up. I have done Grisoft Avg7 scan, nothing came up. I have done TrendMicro and Bitdefender on line scan, nothing came up."
I would appreciate if someone pls help me.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I have posted this same at HjackThis and malware forum as i am not sure which one i am suppose to post it at

Hi; :thumbsup: do you mean you posted a HJT log somewhere on this site for review ,as it does not appear to be on here :flowers:

#3 astroboi00

astroboi00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

I have only posted the same problem that i have and not the HJT log. For some reason, it isn't there anymore in that forum.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hello astroboi00,

That's because it was deleted as a duplicate. Posting more than one topic on the same issue confuses things for everyone, and the HiJack This forum is only for posting HiJack This logs for specialized malware removal.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 astroboi00

astroboi00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hi Orange blossom,
I get it. My Os is XP sp2. I have solved problems in my windows media player already. However, my pc still randomly hangs/crashes and i have noticed that sometimes just as my wireless connection gets disconnected. The Link indicating lights on my adaptor would go constantly bleeping sometimes. I have Linksys wireless G adaptor- ver4 and router that i am using. Because of frequent disconnection or signal loss from Linksys, I am now trying Ralink Wireless Utitlity software. I have found that it does not seem to disconnects itself as much compared to Linksys. Previously, My pc has never reacted like this with disconnection. Hope you could help
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users