Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SLOW download/upload

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timoscar

timoscar

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

Please help! I am running Windows XP and about a week and a half ago things slowed to a crawl. I have a wireless connection through Clearwire and I received a message that my connection was slowing down the network and that I needed to clean up any viruses or anything that was bogging down my system. AFTER they informed me of this, my computer slowed tremendously.

I did the following scans: Trend Micro PC-Cillin ver 12; AVG 8.0; Ad-Aware; SpyBot Search & Destroy; SpyWare Blaster. Anything that was returned was Quarantined and Removed and upon restart I have re-scanned each and nothing comes up.

My Internet connection starts up OK and certain pages seem to load fine but others with imbedded video files or multiple jpegs are extremely slow. When I try to download music files from iTunes, my "connection times out."

I've cleaned up my startup programs and have pretty much exhausted my knowledge. Can anybody out there help me?!?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Hi timoscar,

Have you contacted your ISP? Depending on what package you have it could be that the amount of MBs they are giving you is too much for your PC. Ask them to cap it at 6-7MB if this is the case.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users