Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anyone know a simple way to block a proces?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toxic888

toxic888

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'm having trouble with some very serious infection on my computer.

Whenever i do a virus scan, i might get the usual 2-3 viruses, however, (i use avg), it gives me over 2 billion warnings!

anyway, i think this is because of some virus that uses my internet explorer to display random pop-ups. (maybe the code is written as like a LONG type integer, goes up to 2, 457,000,000 different pop-up possibilities or whatever that number is, using an rnd type command. im using BASIC terminology so you can apply it to whatever other language a virus would be written in.)
I never use internet explorer, only mozilla firefox 3.
I have tried deleting internet explorer, it didnt fix the problem.
I tried blocking it using ZoneAlarm, it fixed the problem (Zonealarm lets you block applications).
I have not located the virus. I dont know where it is, maybe its hidden somewhere.

i use avg now and dont want to run zonealarm because it takes up too much virtual memory on my pc.
so just tell me, how can i block iexplorer.exe?

An answer that would be more helpful would tell me how to eliminate the problem and still be able to use internet explorer, for whatever reason, such as app-based web browsers. for example, how could i stop it from opening by itself (like a normal pop-up would, i know these arent normal pop-ups).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

What you CAN try is a scan with the malwarebytes program to see what might be going on there

a set of instructions for this can be found here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453

if you run this program and post the report the Team can examine it and see what maybe needs to be done for you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users