Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disabled devices

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mugsy116

mugsy116

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

Just went through a tough time with a win32.agent.pz virus, finally removed it and according to spybot and panda everything is working with a few exceptions. This virus disabled quite a few devices. Most were able to get back online by uninstalling and then reinstalling using the add hardware option. While i was uninstalling and attempting to reinstall i deleted audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, media control devices and video codecs. this is a gateway system so using their website I retrieved the drivers for video , audio, and fax modem. Video graphics are working fine, yet I still have no audio device displayed in the control panel. The fax modem is displaying disabled in device manager. A gateway chat tech says the only answer is to reinstall windows, which i really dont want to do at this point. Can somebody please help???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

What model gateway do you have?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 mugsy116

mugsy116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

thanks for getting back so quickly. its a 5310 desktop

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Does it have Windows media center or xp? and does it have the high definition audio?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 mugsy116

mugsy116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

its xp home. i looked inside the computer and didnt see a sound card, its most likely integrated into the board. the audio drivers are for hd real tek5136. and on start up i get a prompt to install software for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, which I cant locate

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

Try this one.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#7 mugsy116

mugsy116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for the direction, it took quite a while to download due to a slow connection with the mirror. I installed to the desktop, installed the real tek hi definition rebooted and received the same message. I cant get it to work for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users