Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb stick problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skimble

skimble

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:25 AM

:thumbsup: I'm having problems with a USB pendrive. When I insert it into my PC the icon appears in My Computer but when I try to access the drive my PC crashes. The drive has a unique letter so I don't think it's mapping to another drive. I've uninstalled and re-installed the USB Windows drivers but it still does it. All my other USB applications are OK. The pendrive works fine on all my other PCs in the house, including my laptops, but not on the one in my office (where I really need it to work). My PC returns to normal when take the drive out. Anybody any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GymTeacher

GymTeacher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Skimble, it would help us reply more effectively if you give us more information, such as:

Operating System
Pen Drive Brand and Size
Type of Office Desktop (Pent 4, AMD, RAM size)
Does the PC crash on bootup with the pendrive in the USB slot?
Does the PC crash when you plug in the pendrive?
In what fashion does the PC crash, does it just hang? What does the display say?
Have you tried 'advanced' in Device Manager to see if the drivers are present, and if they can be updated?

Any other descriptive information would be helpful. It sounds like a driver problem if the pendrive works in every other computer but the office desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users