Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member just saying "Hey"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DickTracy

DickTracy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hi all, from the state of Georgia in the USA. Being a man, I do not usually read instructions until I have an issue and guess what, I have an issue. I am assuming it is malware so I am posting the issue in one of the other forums to try and get rid of it. Speaking of forums, this is the first forum I have ever joined, but it looks like a friendly and a very helpful forum.
I know that this form is just for getting to know one another, but I discovered a tip for WordŽ that I am so excited about that I have to share it. Many times I have to fill out a hardcopy of a form and the electronic version does not allow me to fill it out and print it, or it does not allow me to save the information that I type. Typewriters have become non-existent and I hate filling out forms by hand because my handwriting is so bad.
So, I get an electronic copy of the form, make a copy of it as an image, open the header of a blank WordŽ page, and paste it. If necessary, I resize it to the same size as the hardcopy of the form and close the header. Now I can align the information that I type with the lines on the form. Since the image of the form is in the header, I am not trying to type on an image and accidentally move it, delete it, etc. When I am finish I print out a copy of the form completely filled out. If it is necessary to use a specific hardcopy of the form, I delete the image of the form, put the hardcopy of the form in my printer, and print the completed form.
There may be an easier way to do this, but being a man, I have not read it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hi, DickTracy.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Welcome to BC!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users