Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User protected folders ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 acestu

acestu

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hi, I have just reinstalled my xp pro on my hard drive leaving all my folders intact on the c drive, Now when i try to access thefolders i get access denied contact your administrator, and i am trying to access them with admin rights, could anybody please suggest a solution

Thanks in advance
Acestu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

This is common/normal, Access is Denied error message when you try to open a folder - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810881

Follow the procedures for taking ownership and all should be well.

Louis

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hi, I have just reinstalled my xp pro on my hard drive leaving all my folders intact on the c drive, Now when i try to access thefolders i get access denied contact your administrator, and i am trying to access them with admin rights, could anybody please suggest a solution

Thanks in advance
Acestu

This is because the user that had rights to those folders no longer exists. You will have to change the permissions of the folders to reflect the new user.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users