Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC reboots without any cause

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andnino

Andnino

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

My PC reboots automatically, every time appr. 5-10 minutes after I normally boot my PC.

I already checked some threads here. Advise was to check the event log. It doesn't give any problems at the time of the auto-reboot, but a system error at the time I booted the computer after:
Foutcode; 0000009c, parameter1: 00000004, parameter2: 8054d5f0, parameter3: b2000010, parameter4: 00010c0f.

Foutcode means something like error-code (Dutch)

any other advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

This sort of error is usually very difficult to troubleshoot. It's also an error reported by your CPU to Windows - so Windows usually won't log any information about it. Here's a link to a description: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9c
Most causes are overheating, failed hardware, or overclocking.

I would stop any overclocking until the problem is resolved.
I would clean out the inside of the case and ensure that all the fans are working correctly.
I would disconnect any non-essential hardware to see if that helps to clear up the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 chrisxa

chrisxa

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:01 AM

Hi andnino,

I've been a victim of "restarting/rebooting" countless of times, not all on the same time.

some were caused by RAM [dirty socket]
some were caused by faulty fan [i replaced it and it worked]
some were caused by heatsink clogged with dirt [cleaned it and it worked]
some were caused by old hardware [very old keyboard and old mouse]

so, what sir usasma said is true; most rebooting are caused by faulty hardware [and not updated]. Good luck with your problem, and i hope you resolve it before your OS gets corrupted by constant rebooting
Beneath wings of darkness, wings of death, I dwell in shadows,
Here I have found a kingdom, here I have found a princess; the princess of darkness.
She's the only one I fear, my princess wrapped in shadows, my princess beloved.

#4 Andnino

Andnino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

Giving it some air, and removing some turned off hardware helped. Thank you :thumbsup:

#5 gheese

gheese

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

i hope you resolve it before your OS gets corrupted by constant rebooting

I do not think that will happen unless you think it will cure itself. you need to not restart that thing again and start picking pieces apart and cleaning them and hope you get lucky because it can be anything. STOP starting it and rip it apart. unplug everything and clean everything. It can be faulty power plug to your motherboard? How old is the computer...??? Hopefully you have patience and its the first thing you shoot... CPU cooler may not be attached firmly and have dust. Try booting into the BIOS - CPU temperature, CPU running warm and the board is set
to shut down at a preset temperature? Unlikely unless you moved to a place where it is 55 degrees warmer. I agree though with originals that it is not anything anyone can answer... it literally can be 8 things that cause it. start with easiest POWER PLUG although unlikely. Clean her out! Usually it is heat issue one way or the other, but you can get lucky and it be a plug! or you can clean everything to find out its not hardware?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

Ummm......

Hopefully you have patience and its the first thing you shoot

WTF are you talking about?

Try booting into the BIOS - CPU temperature, CPU running warm and the board is set
to shut down at a preset temperature?

How is that a question? Or was it some sort of instructions? I can't tell. How on earth is that supposed to be helpful?

I agree though with originals that it is not anything anyone can answer

Who is originals?

I thought that maybe you were just in a hurry when making that post, but I have looked through the rest of your posts, and most of them are completely incoherent also. I do not like to discourage participation from our members, but I have to ask you to stop trying to help. If Andnino had tried to follow your instructions, he would end up electrocuting himself, and totally muffing up his BIOS. So quit trying to help, and I won't ban your account. Understand? I will not allow our members to be given poor, half-baked advice that may cause them to destroy their computers. We pride ourselves on consistent, clear, and thorough advice, and we have a rock solid reputation for doing just that. In the interest of protecting our members, and our reputation, I will ban your account and your IP in a heartbeat.

I will be instructing the staff to clean up all of your posts that are non-contributory, inflammatory, or incoherent, in order to maintain the integrity of Bleeping Computer.

EDIT: Changed my mind. I am not going to even wait. Especially after I saw posts where you like to call our members names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users