Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 repairman

repairman

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'm in the process of moving back in with my in-laws, and my father in-law has his phone, TV, and internet with Comcast, I bought a Belkin wireless g router, so that I can also be on the internet. Would I have to download the cd onto his computer or onto mine. Where I am living now I am on a wireless internet. I know only a little about wifi, and this is one of the things that I do not know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

If you have an installation CD with your router this should already be loaded onto your laptop/computer if you have already been using it wireless. If not you would need to run it when you have all the equipment connected.

With the other PC are you going to be a wired or wireless connection? Most likely I'm guessing wired so you would be able to just plug in the ethernet cable and away you go.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users