Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly infected even though AV said it blocked it.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Magirific

Magirific

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

Ok so i'm browsing the WoW(World of Warcraft, since I do play the games) and am on my realm(aka a server) forums reading what other guys on my realm have to say. One of the users from the realm posts an imageshack.us link. Now the WoW forums have been known to have infected people with keylogged posting keylogging links. Since this guy was a legitimite poster and from my realm, I click the link. Also an FYI one of the posters in the thread said that his AV got a warning when he went to the link, I ignored it since it was just imageshack.

Ok so after entering the site i'm at the picture and making a little laugh out loud at it(and yes I did know what the picture was about before clicking the link). I then notice at the bottom left of my screen at the "Status bar" I believe its called (It usually displays URL links when you mouse over a link and frequently says "Done" after loading a page) "Downloading (something)". My NAV 360 says it processed a threat meaning that it blocked it(I went to "View statistics" and noticed it blocked a virus) and still not sure wether i'm safe or not.

Atm I won't be online long enough to see a Kaspersky 7.0 free scan(which is very good and really works and really catches everything mind you) to the end, so tomorrow when I get on im gonna run it to make sure my computer is safe.

So yes any advice? I really don't wanna lose my WoW account just to some silly mistake. Also I have heard of other WoW players giving advice about looking at your system manager while the game was at the log in screen to see if there were any suspicious processes going on. Anybody know what I should look for there? Also anybody know what I should do to look for to even see if I have keylogger other then the method I just mentioned?

Sorry for all the parentheses as it can be painful when reading, but I thought that they were neccesary to give as much info as possible. And yes I am VERY PARANOID when it comes to viruses :thumbsup:

Also I would appreciate that the responder to respond to every little detail discussing the problem. Often times when I get help I have to ask a question again just because they didnt answer it thus making me more nervous.(Ie someone comes in and gives me advice, then I need to ask them about any tips to check for keyloggers just because they didnt answer it)

In closing:
1: Am I safe?
2: How do I check for keyloggers?

Thanks again guys! I spent alot of time thinking this post up.

Edited by Magirific, 18 October 2008 - 08:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users