Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With TI-84Calculator?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HippiePeace

HippiePeace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

I have a Ti-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator, and I wanted to put a few games on it. I downloaded Ti Connect and I have the right USB cable, but every time I try and transfer anything to my calculator, it goes for a few seconds, and then a box pop's up and says "Access Denied." What do I do? I doesn't go all the way, so there's no way that anything got onto my calculator, I've checked. I can't get anything, not even the MirageOS or ION software onto my calculator.

Edited by garmanma, 18 October 2008 - 08:28 PM.
Tweaked title description

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Is the USB cable plugged into the computer, or a USB hub?
Sometimes hardware plugged into a hub, won't work properly.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

First, the calculator was NOT attached to the computer during the TI Connect install, right?

I'm gonna assume that you can connect to the calculator. When you click on Explorer, it identifies the calculator on the USB Port. It should show you all the programs and apps installed in your calculator. Also, you do have the latest operating system installed on your calculator, it shoud be OS 2.43.

Finally the programs you are attempting to install have the extension .8xp. All you need to do is drag and drop that file or files on the Explorer window. Or you can drag and drop the whole .zip file on the explorer window, a dialog box will pop up and you can select only the program files.

You did say that Mirage OS was NOT currently installed on your calculator??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users