Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP AntiSpyware 2009

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Megannnn

Megannnn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I was relieved when I found BleepingComputer's page on how to remove XP AntiSpyware 2009, but it only tells you how to remove it if you were stupid enough to let it install in the first place. I'm using Windows XP. I haven't installed it, and all its doing is sitting on my toolbar, giving me a pop-up message every few seconds telling me to use it to "clean" the computer. How do I get it off my computer without it being installed? Do I have to install it in order to remove it?

Please help me. I'm freaking out right now.

Trend Micro Internet Security's scan is about 52% done right now and its detected five potential threats. I hope that program helps a little. :thumbsup:

Also, I've tried removing it using the removal command prompt given on the BleepingComputer's page, but since it's not an installed program it said it couldn't take it out. I've also tried going through Task Manager and seeing if I could find any of the processes the spyware would be doing, but they're not running or anything. Which comes back to my original worry/question: Do I have to install it in order to remove it?

Edited by Megannnn, 18 October 2008 - 04:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

As it sounds like you have hopefully seen this is what it is ( a rogue program)and does

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...ntispyware-2009

and within that, is a guide on how to remove it ;
if you follow these instructions
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453
they will help you throught he process; try that and let us review the resultant log report for you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users