Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Computer being eaten by malware or something

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Helpers, Helpless and Hacker-wannabes (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Am I here to help others, receive help or get hacking tips?

1. I am here to help others who have been buulied and attacked (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. I am here because need help from the on-line community to heal my computer (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. I am here to get hacking tips and hurt others (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I am a voyeur and i just spy on others' suffering--I enjoy car crashes too (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

OKAY, something xrazy. My computer has been tricked into
1. not letting me delete temporary files or cookies
2. new homepage resembles old page but not the szame.
3. in users accounts i found a little yello automobile icon i removed that user but still haev a "guest user" account i cannot delete
4. lost my e-mail acapacity
5. live search brings me to a ferris wheel with japanese naems when you click on the seats.
6.pleas ehlp i am disabled live far out of town little money or resorces except free help thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Hi i will check for replies here as my e-mail capcity is destroyed at home computer

#3 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

i really hoped that someone would help me out here. i know i have read about the virus with the ferriswheel, well this morning it was a hideous bug. I think I messed up my own hotmail as i did a HIJACK this analysis and took out the hotmail attachments thingy...i was taking out a few things at a time hoping to get rid of this sucker, and i thinkl the little yellow car in the users' part of the control panel is a hint to this virus or possibly i have two.
ANYWAY i beg you to help!!!

PLEASE ? i can't believe not one answer. I went through all the steps, i did the Lavasoft and Spybot adware removal, and kaspersky picked up two trojans and supposed ly removed them, but my trial version expired and anyway Kaspersky then said my computer was clean but it was NOT (registry malware i am certain) i also used bit defender and they didn't pick it up either
look i am ill and really depend upon my computer and i woudl be really grateful for some opf you brainiacs to help me identify the virus then i can get help!

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

You do not state your windows version but assuming it is XP can you please run a scan with malawarebytes to start with to give the Members some idea of what may be happening

this link
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453

will take you to a set of instructions for running the scan and posting the resultant report for the Team to check out for you :thumbsup:

One notes you have run HJT and have removed ??some entries? Are you familiar with that tool ,as it is adviseable to not remove ANY line unless you are aware of what that line represents ; to remove ONE incorrect line CAN render a computer unbootable :flowers:

#5 chrisxa

chrisxa

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

true. had to reinstall my XP after i made a mistake. be careful...be very careful.

i think you should post your problem in the HJT log and malware area, since you need to run SmitFraud and HijackThis and the guys over there can analyze the problem more.

*Never open attachments from unknown senders.
Beneath wings of darkness, wings of death, I dwell in shadows,
Here I have found a kingdom, here I have found a princess; the princess of darkness.
She's the only one I fear, my princess wrapped in shadows, my princess beloved.

#6 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

thank you so much for replying. i really think and old virus and a new one have teamed up. the picture of the ferris wheel is a virus signature that was publicized several years ago. the little yellow auto in user accounts is like hacker taunt.
yes i know you are supposed to not remove entries without vice. i was so sick this week and i just wanted deprately to save my computer so i got stupid.
i think i messed up my hotmail myself but this attack has bbeen so virulent it is possible i warded it off.
anyway, THANKS just for responding i will try wehat you say. time is of the essence and i no longer have e-mail so it is a nightmare.
it has just attacked all my windows live sites very successfully, but it do not have yahoo or google so i do not know what it does over there or on other search bars

thank you for letting me hear some voices.Bless you!

#7 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

okay the malware program picked up three more ads and helped some. but, not the virus or the hacker. i tried to clean my registry and it crashed with bit defender, but first found 756 files needing cleaning or something like that. oh my. too fatigued to do more today. willtrry tomorrow to post my HJT logs. THANKS to you for responding and link to malwatre bytes

#8 aminahyaquin

aminahyaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

MY E-MAIL is now WORKING! I fixed it myself.
BUT this virus is till big time messing up computer please help me identify it or the two it combines: little yellow auto icon in user accounts and a big bug or ferris wheel with seats that wnhen you click on say a japanese name.
this bug is famous but it was years ago i read of it. PLEASE can anyone help?
I will post my HJT logs later or in a day or so after jury duty. i was wicked sick this weekend cannot do much at rpesent
Peace and Blessings to all

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

May I suggest you update the Malawarebytes program , then run a scan again , reboot to allow the cleaning to take effect and post the report FROM that scan for review?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users