How do I fix this? It's messing up again. And apparently rundll.exe is gone from the system32 folder....
If the problem is fairly recent (within the last week or so) I recommend doing to following:
If you have System Restore turned on (it's turned on by default), then go back to a system restore point which precedes the installation of the phone software you put onto the computer. To do this, go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore. Select Return my computer to an earlier restore point and click on next. Click on a highlighted date from just prior to the installation of the phone software and follow the prompts. Your computer will reboot. After it reboots, see if the problem you're having still exists.
If this does not resolve the problem, go through the same steps as above with system restore, only this time select the option to reverse system restore to what it was previously.
If the above helps, then check your DEV settings before attempting to reinstall the phone software. To do this:
1. Right click My Computer and select Properties
2. In the new window select the Advanced tab
3. In the Performance section click Settings
4. Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
5. Be sure that the following is selected: Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only
6. Click OK. You may need to restart afterwards.
Let me know if any of this helps.