Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Fatal Error

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Help Me 101

Help Me 101

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

Well, my computer has a blue screen! Again! But this time it say's "Fatal Error" on it. I kinda had problems with IE7 because it wouldn't let me click on image links, etc. So I had done System Restore, Installed IE8, Uninstalled IE8 and Undone the System Restore.

After that, everything worked fine (IE7 still wont let me click on image links) but now, everytime I turn it on this message comes up and wont even let me log in even in Safe Mode:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon Process System Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000
(0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

Please Help. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

According to all the google searches I have done, your computer is infected with some nasty malware.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Other ideas at http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet...-causes-st.aspx

Louis

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

What operating system are you using? Microsoft writes this about that particular error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317189

#5 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

^I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

The links you gave me are similar but one of the codes are different to my one.

Will a Recovery Console work?

#6 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

According to all the google searches I have done, your computer is infected with some nasty malware.

What did you find?

Will a Recovery Console work?

In the link hamluis posted to you, it recommends using the recovery console, so yes, it would certainly be a good step to try this.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

FWIW - I've also seen this error when an infected system is updated with Windows Update. Then you have to remove the virus, then figure out which update to remove.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

^I just finished doing the Recovery Console but it didn't work :thumbsup: The blue screen still comes up.

I also think its something to do with either Windows Update/System Restore. That's the last two activities I did before the computer got an error. But how do I get rid of the virus or undo the windows update since I can't log on?

Thanks again in advance :D

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

Removing the virus will involve cleaning the hard drive of viruses. To do this, you'll either have to slave the drive to another computer (one that has an updated antivirus) or you'll have to use a boot disk that has an updated antivirus program on it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

What did you find?

I found a lot of forums with HiJack This Logs, ComboFix Logs, SmithFraudFix Logs, and what not.

#11 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

Removing the virus will involve cleaning the hard drive of viruses. To do this, you'll either have to slave the drive to another computer (one that has an updated antivirus) or you'll have to use a boot disk that has an updated antivirus program on it.

Can you please tell me how to use a boot disk thing?

#12 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

Just putting this thread up :thumbsup:

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

This will give you a start with boot disks: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...amp;btnG=Search
You'll have to find one that has the ability to run a virus scanner.

Otherwise, I'd strongly suggest that you post over in the Am I Infected forum (where the malware experts hang out) for further tips: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users