Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Bytes causes my computer to NOT boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dongsy Normus

Dongsy Normus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

A few weeks ago I ran Malware Bytes on my HP Pavillion with XP media 2006, it found 8 trojans, I removed them and restarted and that was the end of that computer. It corrupted the boot sector and I had to format the drive and reinstall windows. I chalked it up to a virus having caused the corruption.

Now I just ran malwarebytes on my girlfriends dell insipron notebook with vista and it found 9 infections (5 registry values for an IE bug) and windows XP 2008 antivirus virus. I removed those, restarted it and SH*T!!!

Same problem! The computer will NOT boot all the way through, it gets into windows even sometimes and freezes on the desktop with the cursor spinning. It won't start in safe mode and it won't do "last good configuration"

Please help before she cuts my sac off!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhants20

dhants20

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

have you tried booting to Windows Advanced Option and doing the Repair? You can also do a system restore in Vista's recovery environment. if you chose to do system restore, you'll probably have the viruses back.

There is no such antivirus that is 100% fool proof.

Edited by dhants20, 18 October 2008 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users