Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When I write a dvd my computer beeps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjw61

tjw61

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

Using Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 (Build 100B44B ENU)

Beeps when encoding an avi to be written to DVD.......running Windows XP Pro SP3....never used to do this, could it be a MS update?

Edited by tjw61, 18 October 2008 - 10:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Check your Event Viewer for error messages around the time of the beep. To do this, go to Start...Run...and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Click on the Applications and System log files to look for the errors. If you find one around the time of the beep, double click on it and copy/paste that info into your next post.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 tjw61

tjw61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

Thanks, there weren't any from around the time it beeps.......It appears my processor is dusty and is overheating due to the added work of encoding......

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

Canned air does a good job of blowing out the fan and heat sink. Try placing a pencil through the fan blade to keep it from spinning while you blow it out. Remember to discharge yourself to the metal of the case before handling any of the components inside, electrostatic discharges can kill integrated circuits, like you RAM and the CPU.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users