Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Line-In not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Iscariot

Iscariot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:49 AM

I'm using Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 1720.
I have a SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC sound card.
Recently, whenever I use my headet, a Logitech ClearChat Style 3.5mm Supra-aural Headset which connects into the audio jacks on the side, the headphone and line-in jacks, I don't receive the pop up window asking me what I want to use the device for. I can temporarily fix the problem by reinstalling the audio driver, but soon the line-in isn't recognized anymore. Obviously my headset is working since reinstalling the driver allows me to use it. My assumption is the possibility of malware on my computer messing with my registry. So far I've been to a few sites but haven't found any decent information on what to do, ergo, I found my way here and posted this thread.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users