Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ubuntu and xp with a router using road runner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

i am attempting to share a road runner connection between two computers using a linksys etherfast cable/dsl router model BEFSR41. the two computers i want to use are xpsp3 and ubuntu. linksys provides a book that only pertains to windows. the xp computer worked fine with the router, i had, and was using the internet. the ubuntu computer appeared to have a connection, but i can't be certain because i am totally new to ubuntu. i do not know how to configure ubuntu, much less do so with two computers simultaneously with a router. i am a total ubuntu newbie, but i like what i see. i thought i would be able to figure it out, but obviously it was too much for me.
could someone who has experience connecting ubuntu guide me through the network setup process. thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ejames82

ejames82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

i was able to solve my problem. i no longer need help.

#3 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

ejames82 - My system is pretty much the same, XP Pro SP3 and Ubuntu machines connected to the internet (Roadrunner) via a Linskys router. In my case connection worked perfectly "out of the box", no setup required.

Could you please post back how you resolved your problem? It may be helpful to someone researching a similar problem in the future.

Thanks, Keith

Edited by Keith1, 19 October 2008 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users