Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winmgmt.exe errors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1timcarter

1timcarter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:42 PM

Had a problem with this desktop computer continually restarting. That problem turned out to be a bad motherboard. That's been fixed, but now I am getting this error message:

WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

It pops up about continuously (once a minute or so). I'm guessing that some windows file got corrupted when the computer kept shutting down. I've tried to recover the file by running a recovery program (can't remember the name now, but it is a windows program), and that was no help. Tried reinstalling sp4 and that didn't help. Looking for ideas to fix it.

Running win2000pro.

Thanks for any help,

Tim
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:50 PM

can yo get into the your event viewer to see what other errors are popping up? Also did you try a repiar option with 2000 cd?
Also do this

go to start>settings control panel >>administative tools>>services scroll down to windows management intstuments see if its enabled.
And then do a scan dsk with this in the command prompt

Run SFC /PURGECACHE and then SFC /SCANNOW from a command prompt

#3 1timcarter

1timcarter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

....can yo get into the your event viewer to see what other errors are popping up?.....

Got this message from the event properties in the application log:
WMI ADAP was unable to process the performance libraries: 0x80041001

Got 2 errors in the system log. They repeat numerous times:

The server {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
and
The Windows Management Instrumentation service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 223 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

.......Also did you try a repiar option with 2000 cd?.........

I've used the cd, but I think it was when asked for it when I tried the SFC that you suggest below.

......Run SFC /PURGECACHE and then SFC /SCANNOW from a command prompt........

It prompted to insert the cd then ran for some time, but nothing changed.

If the above messages give any hints I'll be happy to try any other suggestions. It may take several days for me to get back to work on it.

Thanks for your help,

Tim
Posted Image

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:59 PM

Ok looked all over and kept finding the same thing seems you have been hacked.

this file is a hacked servu file hackers use this to hack different systems they using a scanner to scan the ips and i think they have scanned your ip and try to acces on your computer that was sucsesfull that means that you 've not installed a firewall or protect your pc to this stuff.
Ok you can do different things the most dir what they use are those:

c:\RECYCLER\
c:\winnt\system32\Setup
c:\winnt\system32\ias

or in c:\progam-files

you can look for the servudaemon.ini do in start->search then type this:
*.*.ini then look if you see a ini and copy him to your desktop and watch whats in there you can see what port they use for acces on your pc try with a ftp client to connect on that port with your own pc. look if winmgnt.exe is also there if you have luck you can delete the file or try the same in search for winmgnt.exe it can be possible that they have put it in a another dir.

The .ini file can also be a .dll file servudaemon.dll or ml_hconf.dll

So If you would run an online scanner like Housecall

and download this updat the definitions and delete everything it finds Spysweeper

#5 1timcarter

1timcarter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:03 PM

OK,

I've run Housecalls, and spysweeper. Housecalls found nothing. Spysweeper found 3 adware items and a bunch of cookies. Took care of all those.

I also looked for the 3 files that were mentioned, and found none.

I've also run Panda in the past, am running AVG, and run AdAware, spybot and spywareblaster.

No help so far. I'll keep trying if you find anything else.

Thanks,

Tim
Posted Image

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:40 AM

ok here is what I found on how to replace files! You need to replace the winmgt file itscoruptted somthng fierce!

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/console.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users