Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Radio

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Kevin Childers

Kevin Childers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

radio switch is on (amber light is on). Still can not access internet explorer. Help.

Sounds like the radio is on, but you need to select a network. Depending on what app and security your wireless requires, you may only need to open it and select a network. If it is a secured network your going to need a key to log-in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 Kevin Childers

Kevin Childers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

I have Dell Insprion 1520, and there is a swtich on the left side that turns on or off the wireless and bluetooth. I do this alot when i am an in area where there is none or a weak wireless signal, so i save the battery so its not pumping out power looking for nothing.

Always a good idea, you never know when an extra minute or two may let you get a task done before you have to shut down and find a way to recharge your system. :thumbsup:

#18 Confused Lee

Confused Lee

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the information Kevin - most informative.

I inadvertently turned off my wireless on my Packard Bell EasyNote, and it is in the same position at home as it always is yet wireless will NOT turn back on. Wireless is enabled via Control Panel and our other laptop sitting 2 feet away is merrily seeing the six or seven networks operating in our neighbourhood, but not my little PB. I have pressed Fn + F1 a thousand times, refreshing the network list each time, to no avail, so I can only assume that the switch is kaput.

I don't suppose you or anyone else knows of a software way of switching the darn thing back on? I have tried searching the PB site, but my model number is not mentioned anywhere in the support pages, so that seems to be a dead end - the computer is only 5 years old and already been deleted and ignored by the manufacturer.... Grrrr.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#19 Confused Lee

Confused Lee

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the tip Angel Sara. I shall make a note of the number but it might be a bit difficult as I live in the UK. I am still looking for a solution, but for the moment a long Ethernet cable is standing duty for internet connection on my little Packard Bell!!

I hope your exams went well and that all the stress of the day before meant a cool, calm Angel Sara on the day of the exams!

#20 abs999

abs999

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

There are a variety of ways to connect to the Internet or a home/business network using your Hewlett-Packard (HP) desktop computer---via a modem, Ethernet cable and even wirelessly. A wireless connection works by sending a signal from your modem or router to your HP desktop's built-in wireless radio. The radio receives and processes the signal so you can access the Internet or a home or business network. In order for the signal to be received by your HP desktop, you must enable the wireless radio within the computer's configuration.

#21 abs999

abs999

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

The "Properties" option lets you select if you want the HP Wireless Assistant icon placed in your desktop's "System Tray." The icon lets you know that the wireless radio is powered on and a signal is being received

If you don't see the "HP Wireless Assistant" icon within the Control Panel, click "Start," then "HP Backup and Recovery Manager." Select "Advanced" options. Click on "Software program re-installation." Click "Next." Click "Next" when prompted. Select "HP Wireless Assistant." Click "Next." Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the HP Wireless Assistant.

#22 Kaneal

Kaneal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Does anyone know why is it that in 3/4 wireless cards routers, modems ect   ..  there is a chip with a little red paint dotted on it and they are not the same manufacturer.

just eating me up its gotta be like the cpu of the board? i dunno any insight would be nice thanks

#23 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Fujitsu Lifebook series N3530 - Vanity  Switch above the keyboard, next to power icon.

Lenovo T60 - Vanity switch on front edge of laptop below touch pad next to IR port.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users