Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:10 PM
To open the User Accounts tool, open Control Panel from the Start menu, and then double click User Accounts.
To create a new user account, follow these steps:
1. Click "Create a new account" in the "Pick a task" list box.
2. Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.
3. Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.
To make changes to an account, follow these steps:
1. Click "Change an account" in the "Pick a task" list box.
2. Click the account that you want to change.
3. Select the item that you would like to change:
- Click "Change the name" to change the name that appears on the Welcome screen for the account.
- Click "Change the picture" to change the picture that is used to represent the user account. You can use any image file on the computer for the user's picture.
- Click "Change the account type" to change the account type to increase or decrease the user's rights on the computer.
- Click "Create/change the password" to create or change the password for the user and create or change the password hint.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.