Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

convert to dvd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yanky128

yanky128

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:22 AM

hello...I've been trying for a while to burn some movies that i have in my pc into dvd movie so i can play back in my dvd player and erase them from my pc,so far i've try convert to dvd,nero8.12 pro and now dvd flick, reading the tutorial,plus help,after burning is finish i've try in any dvd player that i have[3]and get "cannot play this type of disk"can somebody help me please thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

Did you finalize the disk when you finished burning?

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

You're having it convert the files before burning right? If it is re-encoding them into a format your DVD player (without DiVx support) can handle then it is a long process, 2 hours at least. What kind of disc are you burning them to? ie DVD-R DVD+R DVDRW? I'm sure they exist, but I haven't seen a DVD player that plays RW discs.

#4 yanky128

yanky128
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

well i'm using at this moment maxell dvd-r disk and yes i encode the file which it takes 2+ hrs and finalize the disk but when trying to watch on a dvd it says cannot play this type of disck,i already try 3 different software and its always the same thing thanks for any help

Edited by yanky128, 18 October 2008 - 08:28 AM.

#5 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

If you put the disc in your computer and let autoplay work does it play? When you have it in your computer "explore" the disk (right click in my computer and hit explore) does it have things like title01, blah.vob etc?
Do NOT open those files manually, my computer blue screens when i do that and I don't want to cause any damage to your system.
Has your DVD player played burnt disks before? If you haven't tried it before post the make/model of the player.

Edited by smurfgod, 18 October 2008 - 08:39 AM.

#6 Nightspear

Nightspear

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

I use WinAVI. It converts AVI,WMV and RM files to DVD and more with Amazing speed and quality. A bonus for me is WinAVI makes it easy to make adjustments to the brightness levels and either speed up or slow down the sound to get a perfect match with the picture. Best of all its pretty cheap ($30) and you can use a free trial to see if it is something you want to purchase. Only difference I could see between the full version and the trial is an irremovable watermark in the trial.

#7 yanky128

yanky128
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

thank's I'm going to try it and see what happens,and yes if i use the movie in the computer sometimes it works and sometimes it doen't thank's again a lot i'll post if it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users