Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

brastk.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Smurg

Smurg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

I have this exact same problem, with brastk.exe and itunesmusic.exe and various other exe's that can't be deleted since they are "in use".

The only thing is, this set of viruses has shut down my internet entirely. I cannot connect at all.

I suppose I'll have to try and use another computer to post a log from my infected one.

Although I just really want to get rid of it ASAP, as with the OP I have a lot of work I need to do in the next few weeks, this problem could not have come at a worse time.

Been reading this thoroughly, I'll try FileAssassin.

brastk.exe and so forth keeps recreating itself on startup, as well as 'karna.dat'.

I've deleted a lot of things from c:/windows but there are a few that cannot be removed whilst running. The thing is, brastk.exe never says that it is running in the task manager. (Going through Adaware and using Process Manager - since the Windows Task Manager is 'disabled').

Thanks for the quality posting. =]

Main problem for me, is the no internet thing. Meaning I can't use any programs that require connection to the internet to run/update.

Also, another random thing...my computer (has always, since I bought it) has never been able to restart/reboot. It simply shuts down normally...and then without turning itself off, kind of hangs there in eternal limbo, and the safe mode startup doesn't seem to work either.

So a lot of solutions seem to go down the tubes when I can't do this...and now, I assume because of this virus, it seems to make MSCONFIG crash when I click on anything in BOOT.INI. So I cannot specify it to start up in safe mode this way either.

PS, I run Windows XP.

Edited by Smurg, 16 October 2008 - 08:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users