Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Playing Videos and Music

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:01 AM

Hello. For the last three weeks I have had problems watching videos online and now even playing songs on sites such as myspace. My computer usually runs very fast. If I go to youtube and try to watch a video it will play normally but the load does not keep up therefore it stops every two seconds, plays, and then stops again. On myspace videos will now play for six seconds only. Even songs on my play list will stop randomly and go to the next song due to load issues on myspace. Everything else runs fine such as opening up pages on the internet. It is only with videos and music that I have been having problems with. I have had a slow internet day everyonce and a while but this has been going on for three weeks now. I have done scans with my McAfee with nothing found and I did a system restore to two weeks before this problem started. Can anyone please help? Thanks and Best Regards, Isaac Infante

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

#3 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

Hello Frank. Thank you for the tip. I installed the latest version of flash and it did help some. The youtube videos are almost running back to normal with only limited stoppage. The myspace videos are still a problem. The videos that I have saved to favorites I can watch with some stopping but the new ones that come out I can only watch about eight seconds worth of video. Doesnt matter if I pause it to wait for it to load. It will not. Is there anything else that I can do?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Yeah, some sites take longer to load than others. Sometimes it's a good idea to pause the video until it loads. I haven't had any problems with MySpace but I don't go there much. Post the link if you want me to check it out.

#5 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Hello Frank. Everything is still running extremely slow. Videos are almost a waste of time at this point. I keep getting a window for dell support center configuring by windows and it ends up failing. I think I may have messed everything up by trying to download a dvd to my computer. It was a short three to five minute birthday movie. I was never able to save it to my computer. I ran a few websites that said I would be able to save dvd to my computer. When they did not work or I was not able to make them work I deleted the sites and a few folders. Now I fear I may have deleted something necessary for all videos in general. That is the only thing that I can come up with due to everything running so slow now.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:34 AM

Are you sure you didn't download spyware while you were trying to do this?

#7 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hello Frank. Im not for certain. I did a search on saving dvd to computer. A few sites were recommended by members of a couple computer forums. I tried them and I was not able to do it. So I then deleted the sites and folders of the movie. But I may have deleted too much. I have run scans on McAfee with nothing turning up. However the last time I had a major virus it did not come up on scan from McAfee either so it is possible I did.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

You should try some other scans.

#9 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

What kind of scans?

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Try this one for starters. And have you scanned for spyware?

http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner

#11 IsaacInfante

IsaacInfante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hello again Frank. I did the Eset scan and found seven trojans that were removed. JSredir.AH trojan I also scanned again using McAfee with nothing found. I still cannot watch any new myspace videos at all. It will play the first ten seconds and then just go to the end. Again I can watch old movies that I have watched prior to this problem. Is there anything else I can do Frank? Thank you for your time.

#12 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

At this point, I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum and get more expert help than I can give you. Before we go any further, we need to make sure you are clean. You found some infections but I'm willing to bet there are more of them hiding in your system. Be sure to refer to this thread and they'll help you out. Once you are clean, you should consider ditching McAfee as it is obviously not doing its job properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users