Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove Run pc-cillin internet security

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 koohii

koohii

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

it's finally removed now

Hi, im not sure if i posted this in the right section but i was hoping that you guys can help me out

a couple of weeks ago i had downloaded Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 and then i had uninstall it, but then for some reason run pc-cillin internet security is on my windows security center page, and im guessing its from the trend mirco but i have dont know how to remove it

Posted Image

Edited by koohii, 17 October 2008 - 08:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

Try this (these are steps to rebuild your Repository folder):

Got to Start > Run type in services.msc. Scroll down & click onSecurity Center & then click on Stop the service. Do the same for Windows Management Instrumentation.

Go to My Computer > C: > Windows > system32, open the system32 folder, find & open the wbem folder & delete the Repository folder. Make sure you only delete that folder, & nothing else.

Empty the Recycle Bin , restart both services mentioned above, & reboot your pc.

#3 koohii

koohii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

thx for the help =D
but it didnt work, and now my virus protection is not found

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hi koohii.

a couple of weeks ago i had downloaded Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 and then i had uninstall it, but then for some reason run pc-cillin internet security is on my windows security center page, and im guessing its from the trend mirco but i have dont know how to remove it

Yes. It is part of Trend Micro: http://store.trendmicro.com/store/tmamer/C...CFQ4NDQodLAk_Lg

Perhaps you didn't reboot your computer after uninstall it and therefore it says you still had that anti-virus.
You probably turned off your computer yesterday and now it says you have no anti-virus program because it was removed after a reboot.

but it didnt work, and now my virus protection is not found

Isn't that what you wanted, because you uninstalled it??

Also now that you don't have an anti-virus program you might want to download one :thumbsup:

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 koohii

koohii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

actually i did reboot it
but nothing changes,except the virus protection being not found but the pc-cillin internet security is still on there

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hi.

actually i did reboot it
but nothing changes,except the virus protection being not found but the pc-cillin internet security is still on there

Try removing it again through add/removed if its there. Also how do you know its still there? Is there any indication that tells you?

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#7 koohii

koohii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

it wasn't in the add/remove program..and i knew that it was still there because the icon is still on my windows security center

awhile ago i had re-installed it and then removed it, and i had search on google to how the uninstall it, so i had tried it and it worked, now im installing the panda antivirus but then it said that i have to uninstall the pc-cillin antivirus first, but it's not there

Edited by koohii, 18 October 2008 - 12:14 AM.

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

Hi.

Try removing the remaining folders of Tren-micro first. Re-download Panda Anit-virus and try installing it again.

This happened to me to with AVG 7.5 and AVG 8.0
I deleted all the folders that was part of AVG 7.5 then rebooted, re-downloaded AVG 8.0 and then everything was working again.
You might want to try that and see if it works. Sometimes Add/remove doesn't remove everything so that might be the problem why.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#9 koohii

koohii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

i delted the folder and then reboot but it still didnt' work =(
so i download PC tools doctor spyware instead

#10 jmg44

jmg44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

The problem with this is in deleting the file UfWSC.cpl in the System 32 directory of Windows XP. This file apparently never is uninstalled by Trend Micro's Uninstaller. It appears in both the Control Panel and the Security Center within Control panel. Once removed the Trend Micro phrase "Run PC-cillin Internet Security" will dissapear and you will no longer see this cpl file again. You should also delete any references to this file in the Windows registry and also back up the file just in case. Always back up your registry and files before trying this !!

Edited by jmg44, 15 November 2008 - 05:47 PM.

#11 HSuke

HSuke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

Jmg44's solution is correct. I had this problem too.

The easiest way to get rid of this icon is to run Microsoft TweakUI (A great free program)

Navigate to the "Control Panel" tab

Uncheck "ufwsc.cpl" and click Apply

The icon will instantly disappear

(You can also delete any registry references to ufwsc.cpl too)

----

Trend Micro's Antivirus is all right, but their application is just pathetic =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users