Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are you currently experiencing Internet problems?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

I don't know if it's just me but several sites, including Yahoo!, suddenly took a long time to load. Are you also experiencing this? If not, it's probably just me. If it's just me, can you give suggestions why this is happening? The computer is connected to a router, like my other computer. BOth computers are experiencing the same problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I forgot to say, some websites, like Google and Bleeping Computer, are still loading fast and fine.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hi Lloyd T try using ATF cleaner and clean up your cache.temp files etc.. I select all when I run it. This may fix this.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

I don't think it's about temp files...I just cleared everything and still same scenario. I restarted my computer and it's still the same. Any reasons for this? Should I power cycle the whole thing? Or should I reset the router (worst-case scenario)?

I don't think that the problem is isolated to web browsing. Even programs who need the Internet to load (like Y! Messenger) takes longer to connect. All of this just appeared out of the blue, no warnings or anything. I need help! This and Google are the only sites that loads like before.

Edited by Lloyd T, 16 October 2008 - 08:37 PM.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:39 AM

Are you on Rogers? It wasn't working properly last night. It's OK now.

#6 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

Exactly! My ISP is Rogers...it's working fine now. Can you please tell me how you found out and what happened? Thanks! :thumbsup:

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:34 AM

Don't know exactly. I noticed around 9PM last night that the home page and email weren't working and graphics were loading slowly or not at all. I shut down and went back in this morning and it was fine. It was just a temporary problem and that's what I figured.

#8 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

I was also online at 9 PM when this happened. Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users