Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Trenderdia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mustangkat

mustangkat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

:flowers: I'm new to bleepingcomputer and I've come for help. This trojan/virus stuff really ticks me off :thumbsup: . I've tried going it alone and found out that I need help of a community and from what I've read you might be the one's to help.

I spend a lot of my time on the computer and the net so I guess I need to start extending that education.

So, I don't know how this works. but I would appreciate the help as I am a newbie here. Thanks

Edited by mustangkat, 16 October 2008 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mustangkat

mustangkat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

These are all of the things that I have tried.

WinRAR was downloaded from download.com with a trojan caled trenderdia with a pop-up that says "you will dead next month". Also my internet home page has changed to Microsoft security center - your computer has been attacked by spyware or virus - please download anti spyware now. Any attempt to go to another website sent you to some foreign writing page. I went to the control panel and removed the program and got rid of the program. I then changed my home page back to where it was supposed to be, but still had a problem going to google, ebay, youtube, and I don't know what others. So it is still a redirect problem. I updated all my anit virus, Norton 360, Sypbot S & D, Adaware, and ran them. They found minimal stuff. I downloaded Malware bytes, and Super AntiSpyware. Malware bytes found 2 trojan files. It corrected some, but I still can't go to ebay, amazon or youtube. I am still getting the Microsoft security center - your computer has been attacked by spyware or virus - please download anti spyware now.

This is not just me. I did a search on the Internet and others have the same problem and got it from Cnet. I don't have the expertise to go further. Does anyone have a clue or some suggestions. Cnet does not make it easy to let them know that there is a problem with their downloads. Obviously if someone sent them a trojan, they don't care if you notify them.

I finally downloaded Hijackthis, but don't know what to look for, but obviously know that there are some redirect codes and something that could be nastier. I'm usually not so wordy, but am a little worked up over this since most of my life and business is spent on the net.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

Hi mustangkat, Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

When you get a chance, the New User Orientation section is a good place to help get familiarized with how the board works.

Also, you may want to bookmark our Tutorials, as they offer a wide range of information and solutions.

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

To analyse a HJT log requires a great amount of training and knowledge, which our team of volunteers certainly have. They will review the log and work with you to resolve any problems it finds.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Enjoy your stay.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users