Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 landia

landia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Well im sure ive got a few viruses on there and it started running slower and slower and so i decided id run it in safe mode and attempt to get rid of the viruses so the usual F8 boot safe mode didnt work so i did it from the msconfig and now when the computer starts up it runs it asks if i want to run it in safe mode, safe mode with internet, safe mode with prompt, etc, and then boot last known good conifg, and normally no matter which one i try it starts to load and then it just restarts.

second problem is when it starts it says
(manufacturer information to long to list)
Secondary drive 0 not found
Secondary drive 1 not found
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

and before any of this happened i couldnt run a disk check on my C drive and i couldnt run disk defragmenter the programs would load and id press check or defrag and it would says could not check or could not defrag

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi Landia, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

How large is you hard drive, and how much free space do you have on it? If there is less than at least 15% free space you could be having trouble with the lack of swap space.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 landia

landia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

I believe i have somewhere around 40-50% free space but as of now i can not check

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

Is your primary 0 hard drive recognized in the BIOS?

It sounds like you may have a problem with the hard drive. If you know what the manufacturer of the hard drive I would to to their web site and download the diagnostic tool, burn a CD and run it. You may need to go into the BIOS and make the CD-ROM the first device in the boot order so that you can boot from the diagnostic CD.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Do you have the Windows installation CD?

Edited by dc3, 16 October 2008 - 12:26 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users