Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with an email certificate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hi, I hope somebody can help me.
I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP pro Sp2
I have recently opened a new online bank account which uses an email certificate to verify emails from them. I have downloaded and installed this certificate (from the banks secured website) but I am having problems.
The problem is that when I click on the email I receive a message saying that
“the certificate is not valid. It is not possible to sign or encrypt. The available certificate doesn’t allow the sending of emails from email address **********@gmail.com It is possible to run one of the following operations:
To get a new digital ID for the account. Choose options from the tools menu, click on Protection e Get Digital ID.
Click on Account and send the message from the account in which the certificate is available. “
However, I can see the message correctly and it does have the red rosette in the right hand corner.

I have run certmgr.msc to see the certificates and deleted them to see if any improvement happened but no. As the banks forum said it is very strange because it’s as though I am trying to send the email instead of receiving it.

Any help please?

Thanks
PS Sorry if the error message isn’t exactly correct it’s just that the Windows XP is Italian .
In case somebody knows Italian here is the forum of the bank and thread:
http://forum.iwbank.it/showthread.php?t=19261&page=1
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

When I updated Windows this morning, there was an update relating to certificates. If I remember correctly it was an "optional software" update. Might be worth installing that if you haven't already.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

Thanks but no good!!! :thumbsup:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#4 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:48 AM

Can anybody help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users