Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help, my internet keeps logging off at certain times!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ashton_r

ashton_r

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:13 PM

Everytime i get on the internet, i always get shut down in the middle of something

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

Tell us a bit about your system, what version of windows you have, what browser you are using, how do you connect to the internet, which ISP do you use? etc.

What sort of time intervals are you talking about? Is it related to something like checking email or inactive periods like reading things from a bulletin board?

Any comments may help.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:30 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ic=17149&st=0&#

Well, since it's not far from your house to mine, I read the post and drove over. :thumbsup:

Thought I'd add some details for Rimmer,
he's right, they are needed to help
us help you.

The ISP is nocharge.com and it's through that Encore 56K modem that you get online, right?

When you click on the tray icon that is the two computers,
and read the numbers it shows the connection "speed".
Thats a clue, maybe post those numbers...

We did find "red-client apps" attached to the yahoo.com of your aunt's.
You did good with the firewall alerts, denying & allowing things.

That weatherbug just popped in, and the Real Player somehow made a surprise appearance.

So, we left the AOL AIM to work alone for a while, deleting most of the other stuff
'cause you don't need the toolbar and the rest, just to use the instant messaging.

Those other two modem leftovers?
the 3 Com & US Robotics that come up as wanting to have new drivers?
Every time you boot it finds "New Hardware", and windows98 "sees" the US Robotics
then it wants you to find a driver for the uninstalled 3 Com one, too.

Well, I'm thinking about that, lol. :flowers: Cancel and go on for now.

And having more than one one user logon ... that might be good too.

Rimmer still has some good questions to answer. It takes a little time ...

Oh, and the thunderbird password problem, maybe if you have time describe for us what that is all about. Someone can help, I'm sure. :trumpet:

Edited by phawgg, 01 May 2005 - 10:39 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users