Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop query

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fababhi

fababhi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

Hi, I plan to buy a Compaq laptop powered by Intel dual core processor with 2GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HD and other features. the package costs Rs. 33,000. my problem is its not coming pre-loaded with an OS. i wanted to know if retailers charge for the OS separately. they are askin for an additional investment of 4000 Rs. for a genuine copy and 750 for a pirated copy which is a stupid bet. i really havent heard of any retailer charging for the OS separately. please guide me on this ppl. my brother has already booked it as he cudnt curb his anxiety after goin to the shop and has paid the booking amount. i searched on the internet to find dat the specification list of any laptop includes the OS name that wud cum wid it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

I would suggest not purchasing anything from a seller who will load a pirated OS. Not only that but has the hide to charge for the privilege!

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users