Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP SP3 Local Area Connection Missing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RavenKnight

RavenKnight

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

I have has Windows SP3 since it came out and have not had any problems. Now my Local Area Connections have dissappeared yet I can still connect to the internet. It says that my 1394 adapter, and both Ethernet cards are working fine, so I have no clue whats goin on. I have a Abit fatal1ty AN9 32X MB with the dual network cards built in, and nothing at all seems to be wrong with them, but as I said, they don't showup anywhere on my PC, except for Device Manager and it says that they are working correctly, so can someone help me plz? I'm not sure if it's malware, a virus or what, I have Bitdefender Total Security 2008 and ran a virus scan and found nothing, also cleaned what Ad-Aware found, and ran "Hi-Jack This" but found nothing!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I guess that my question is...where do you think that they ought to show up...where they are not reflected?

Are they reflected in Device Manager?

Device Manager Basics - http://www.cybertechhelp.com/tutorial/arti...-manager-basics

Louis

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Have you gone to the Network Connections applet in Control Panel and ran the "Create a new connection" and the "Setup a home or small office network" applets?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 RavenKnight

RavenKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yes under device manager it says everything is fine, and trying to make a new connection says it cannot detect my hardware, and I set it up as "Connection always on," but it still doesn't show up in "My Network Connections". I tried everything in making sure the hardware properties are correctly set up, and they are, so I haven't a clue what's goin on.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Go through the setup (Network Wizard) and set the connection up as "residential gateway".

After doing that...if the drivers are properly installed (sounds like they are), then you should be in business.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users