Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing correct NVidia driver in Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arandora

Arandora

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

When I set up my new PC running Vista Home Premium, I had problems getting my Logitech webcam to work, so being the "know it all but know nothing about Vista" nerd that I am, I thought I should try updating my NVidia graphics driver. Without fully realising that my driver is not the normal GEForce 8200 but rather a Hybrid SLI driver as I am using an HDMI connection to access TV from an external aerial, I installed the GEForce driver. Now my PC won't recognise the correct driver and Vista will only allow updates to the GEForce 8200.
I've become very confused (easily done!) by various posts on other forums on the best way to uninstall and reinstall NVidia drivers so I wonder if anyone here can advise the best/safest way to uninstall the incorrect and reinstall the correct driver. I have the original CD with it on. Some posts advise using a "Driver Cleaner" to get rid of remnants from the registry, others say avoid these like the plague and use Add/Remove.
All contributions, as ever, greatly received.

Edited by Arandora, 15 October 2008 - 11:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users