Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help locating my h drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jess3

Jess3

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

:thumbsup: I'm working with window XP operating system, I purchase a Maxtor One Touch ll external hard drive in the past, when I first install the drive it was located on my (H:) drive, now I tried everything that I could to locate the H: drive but it's not on my system. I right click on My computer then click on Hardward then click on Device Manager then click on Maxtor Personal Storage Security then click on Maxtor One Touch ll and it states that the device is working property. But yet when I double click on My computer the (H: drive) is not located also when I click on the Maxtor Main menu it states to select a drive which there is no drive to select. I also tried to reinstall everything and even tried to redown load the driver files. I hope someone can help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mar5hy

mar5hy

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:50 AM

Right click on my Computer, & select manage - then click on disk management does it appear in there? You might need to assign it a drive letter.
Brighton, UK

#3 Jess3

Jess3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

:thumbsup: When I follow your instructions I have a (C:) drive, CD-ROM(D:) drive and CD-ROM1 DVD(E:) drive, How do create and additional drive.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

Well...the fact that the software for the drive...doesn't pick it up...would point me to do a diagnostic of the drive in question, as well as checking the jumper setting.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users