Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doodah1958

doodah1958

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:17 AM

Good Morning to all !!!

At startup, I am receiving an error message, as follows:

Error Loading

C:\Progra~1\MyWebs~1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL

This has seemed to have "clogged" up my pc

2. I have another pc; gave message that virtual memory was full and now it will not come on. When I hit power, the pc itself comes on, but it will not show on the monitor. For instance, the light on the monitor, that is yellow on standby and turns green when it is on, stays on yellow. Help please.

3. Last one, please bear with me; I need to download a program to de-junk both my pc's, the one
I'm on, and the other, if I can get it to work again.

Thanks all, Lylah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

I have another pc; gave message that virtual memory was full and now it will not come on. When I hit power, the pc itself comes on, but it will not show on the monitor. For instance, the light on the monitor, that is yellow on standby and turns green when it is on, stays on yellow. Help please.

I don't see how the 2 are related unless it's messing up your system memory allocated for onboard video. It's staying amber because it's not getting a signal.You might try resetting the CMOS by removing the motherboard battery for 5-10 minutes. If the video comes back adjust your virtual memory settings
You also might try reseating the memory modules, and if you have a video card, reseat that
For the first problem:

Error Loading
C:\Progra~1\MyWebs~1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL

That is for My Websearch Toolbar which is malware.
I would post this problem in our Am I Infected? forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 doodah1958

doodah1958
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hi, and thankyou for getting back to me about my problem. Reset by removing the battery, this I can do. The other part, I'll have to be walked through that; and I will post the other where you said to.

What is a good program that I can download to get rid of malware?

Thanks again, Lylah

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

I would let our malware experts clean it up for you then visit the forum where the different methods and products are discussed. Start with the top pinned posts:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/25/antivirus-firewall-and-privacy-products-and-protection-methods/

Depending on which battery holder is in the computer, be careful. If it has a tab on top holding the battery in place, lift it up just a touch and slide the battery out. If you pry to hard it will snap
If you'd like, I will find some links with step by step instructions on the rest. It'll be for a different computer but the procedure is the same
If you can change the battery, you can do the others
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users