Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail problem help wanted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

I use Windows Live Messenger and MSN hotmail for my email account. I share this PC with my daughter who also has a hotmail account. Each of us has a seperate account mine as admin hers as limited. The other day I was on the PC when my daughter asked if she could check her email, I went to sign out but she said not to bother as she would just sign in to her hotmail account from mine. Ever since then I get the message at my account sign in page that I have two unopened emails. I have no unopened emails and each day I check my emails and take the appropriate action with them but still I am told I have two unopened emails.

I realise that this is some sort of glitch but cannot find a way to correct it. I have emptied the temp files, history, cookies etc on both accounts but the problem persists. Does anyone know what has happened here and how to correct it?. If it cannot be rectified would an uninstall / reinstall of WLM correct it and if so would I lose all my saved correspondence as this would be a big loss to me as I have a lot of saved emails from friends and family all around the world.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:15 AM

This has happened as you user account is picking up 2new emails from your daughters hotmail account. Try having her log into her hotmail from your user account and read any emails showing as new, then once she logs of hotmail it should stop the pop up on your user account.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:32 AM

Thank you Emu1616, We did what you said and it worked a treat. Thanks again.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Not a problem mate.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal